Your DNA kit registration was successful!
Important: Now make sure to drop your sample off at the nearest UPS location.
Your results will be available in around 10 business days.
Questions? Call 1-800-536-6922
Uh Oh! It looks like were having trouble locating your account. Please give us a call at 1-800-536-6922 between 9am and 5pm Pacific so we can connect your account with your kit.
Thank you! The Jenny Craig Team
DNA Decoder Plan Terms and Conditions
How the DNA Decoder Plan Works
Ever since the human genome was mapped in 2003, clinical studies and research on genetic testing related to health and wellness markers have increased rapidly and have shown that genetics can play a role in our health. Jenny Craig has teamed up with medical professionals and a CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) and CAP (College of American Pathologist) certified laboratory to put together a genetic test that gauges fifteen (15) different genetic markers that will provide insight into five key areas that may influence a person’s weight loss efforts. The five key areas include insight into how your body processes food, how your body responds to exercise, your sleep quality, your eating behaviors and your metabolism’s efficiency. Each Jenny Craig client on the Plan will receive a tailored meal plan depending on his or her individual results. Jenny Craig will provide strategies to overcome genetic tendencies and simple solutions to overcome hurdles associated with the individual’s genetic profile. By following the Plan, members are empowered to make choices that may help maximize their weight loss efforts.
It's important to note that while these genetic tests provide valuable insight into one's genetic predispositions, an individual's health and fitness are affected by many factors. Lifestyle choices, as well as internal and external environmental influences, such as stress, physical and mental health, relationships with family and friends, and more, all play a role in the expression of genes. Therefore, even if you have a genetic predisposition to certain traits such as having a fast metabolism, it doesn't necessarily mean that gene is expressed. Nonetheless, because these genetic markers show us how our bodies are likely to handle certain processes, including those that influence a person's weight loss efforts, we can create a roadmap that helps to maximize each person's weight loss success to the best of our knowledge. Jenny Craig is pleased to offer its members this new and improved option to help members reach their weight loss goals.
You are eligible to purchase the kit in participating Jenny Craig Centers as well as through Jenny Craig Anywhere. If purchased in-center, you will receive your kit from your consultant at the center and he or she will help register the kit online for you. Next, you will follow the simple instructions on the label to complete your test in the Jenny Craig center with your consultant. Once complete your personal consultant will mail it to the laboratory for processing. If you purchase the kit through Jenny Craig Anywhere, you will receive your kit via mail and the first thing you should do is register the kit at jennycraig.com/registerdnakit. Next, follow the simple instructions on the label to complete your test and send it in the postage-paid envelope. Once received by the laboratory, your DNA will be analyzed and the results will be sent directly to your personal consultant who will use the findings to personalize the Plan for you.
Acknowledgments and Important Information Regarding the Plan
The DNA Decoder Plan is not intended to diagnose, prevent, cure or treat any disease. It should not be used to diagnose or determine whether an individual has a higher risk of developing certain diseases in the future. The sole purpose of the DNA Decoder Plan is to identify 15 different genetic markers that indicate how your body may processes carbohydrates, fats and protein, along with how your body may respond to different exercise routines and sleep habits. These results are for informational purposes only. The results of your DNA test should not be used to infer anything regarding your current state of health or be used to make medical decisions, including whether or not to take medication, how much medication to take or determine any treatment. You should consult your doctor or healthcare professional before taking any actions, including diet, lifestyle or otherwise, based on your test results. The advice of your Jenny Craig consultant is not a substitution for medical advice from a professional health care provider.
By purchasing the Plan, you agree to these Terms and certify the following:
- You understand that neither Jenny Craig, its programs, products, consulting or dietician advice are a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and that Jenny Craig is not a medically-licensed service or facility.
- You understand that Jenny Craig is not providing you with any medically necessary program, treatment or advice and that much of the success of the Plan will depend on your efforts.
- You understand that this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- You authorize Jenny Craig and its affiliates and third-party partners to conduct DNA testing with the submitted DNA specimen.
- You agree that you are voluntarily submitting the DNA specimen for analysis.
- You understand that your results include recommendations based on known predispositions associated with your genetic profile. Other factors, such as (but not limited to) diet, exercise, environment, and medications, may also affect your body’s performance and reaction to recommended supplements, ingredients, treatments, or other programs. Before following these or any other recommendations, you should consult a qualified physician, dermatologist, nutritionist, or other health expert.
- You represent and warrant that you have obtained all permissions, consents and authorizations necessary from the person(s) submitting DNA specimens (or the parent / guardian of such person(s) if under 18).
- You understand that the specimens were collected without a strict chain of custody, and their origins cannot be verified. Therefore, the results may not be admissible in a court of law.
- You agree and understand that Jenny Craig reserves the right to share de-identified (anonymous) data for business or research purposes.
What Does Jenny Craig Do to Protect Member Data
Money back Guarantee
If you don't lose weight during your first four weeks on the DNA Decoder Plan, we'll refund the cost of the DNA kit, excluding any tax. To qualify, you must follow program guidelines for the four-week period, including weekly consultations and full menu adherence.