Mini Beef Wellingtons
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes Total time: 27 minutes
- small beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 4 oz. each)
- 4 Tbls
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 Tbls
- dry red wine
- 6 Tbls
- green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- phyllo dough sheets, defrosted
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in green onions, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Remove from skillet; cool completely.
- Heat same skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 3 minutes turning once. (Steaks will be partially cooked. Do not overcook.)
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Create 2 stacks of 6 phyllo sheets on flat surface, spraying each sheet thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Cut stacked sheets lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half, making 8 equal stacks.
- Place about 2 tablespoons mushroom mixture in center of each phyllo stack, spreading mixture to diameter of steaks. Place steaks on mushroom mixture.
- Bring all 4 corners of each philly stack together; twist tightly to close. Lightly spray each bundle with cooking spray; place on greased baking sheet.
- Immediately bake in 425ºF oven 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. Per Serving: 1 Starch, 4 Meat, 1 Fat.