Garden Vegetable Lasagna
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes Total time: 95 minutes
Starch: 2 1/2
- 1 lb
- cottage cheese
- (7oz) cans chopped button mushrooms
- (14oz) can whole leaf spinach, drained
- 1/2 cup
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup
- dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbls
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups
- onion, minced
- 1 Tbl
- garlic, minced
- (10oz) jars marinara sauce
- (8 oz) package oven ready (no boil) lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup
- pepper-jack cheese
- In large bowl, mix first 9 ingredients together and set aside.
- Layer bottom of 12 x 9-inch pan with 1 cup marinara sauce. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Top with layer of 1/3 cheese mixture. Layer another 3 noodles on top of mixture. Pour 2 cups marinara sauce over noodles (this allows noodles not to burn while cooking).
- Layer another 1/3 of cheese mixture on sauce-covered noodles. Repeat. Layer 3 remaining noodles on top of cheese mixture. Top with 1 cup marinara sauce and pepper-jack cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 375° F for 70 minutes.
Makes 12 servings. Per Serving: 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Starch, 1 Meat, 1 Fat, 1 Free.