Italian Chicken Rolls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
- (4oz) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 cup
- chopped commercial roasted red pepper
- 1/3 cup
- light processed cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup
- crushed corn flakes cereal
- 3 Tbls
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- vegetable cooking spray
- fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to ¼-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Combine red pepper, cream cheese, and pesto in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread cheese mixture evenly over chicken breasts. Roll up, jellyroll fashion; and secure with wooden picks.
- Combine crushed cereal, parsley, and paprika. Dredge chicken in cereal mixture. Place in an 11- x 7- x 1 ½-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes; let stand 10 minutes. Remove wooden picks from chicken, and slice each roll into 6 rounds. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. Per Serving: 1 Starch, 3 Meat, 1 Fat, 1 Free.