Spinach & Green Chile Omelette
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
- nonstick vegetable spray
- egg whites
- 1/2 cup
- nonfat milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- (4oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup
- red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup
- shredded spinach leaves
- 2 Tbls
- fat-free sour cream
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg mixture over medium-heat for about 3 minutes or until sides start to set.
- Place green chilies, bell pepper and spinach leaves on one side of the egg mixture and fold in half.
- Cook for an additional minute, or until vegetables are soft.
- Cut omelette in half, top with sour cream and serve.
Makes 2 Servings. Per serving: 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Starch, 2 Meat, 1 Limited Free, 2 Free