Spicy Shrimp Creole
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb
- unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup
- onion, chopped
- 1 cup
- green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- dried crushed red pepper
- 6 cloves
- garlic, minced
- (14 ½oz) cans Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 5 cups
- cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 3 ingredients, saute until tender. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice.