tips and information to succeed!
- « previous article
- next article »
Get Healthy in 10 Minutes
Many of us long for it. But few of us are genetically blessed to have it.
"It" is the so-called "perfect body" paraded before us in television commercials, in department store print ads, and on our favorite sitcoms. "It" is also often the result of poor eating habits and over-zealous exercise regimens.
For most of us, honing a "perfect" body like that is not only unattainable, it's downright unhealthy. A leaner, stronger body, on the other hand, is something that most of us can achieve with a little work, motivation and less time than you may think.
You don't have to make all-encompassing, sweeping changes in your life. Here are some ways to get you on your way to a healthier body:
- Take a 10-minute "walk break" instead of a "coffee break" at work.
- Walk the kids all the way to school.
- Do resistance activities while waiting in line.
- Exercise for 10 minutes. Whether it's walking, working out to an exercise video or lifting light weights, three 10-minute bouts add up to the 30 minutes of exercise that experts recommend you do on most days of the week!
- Take 10 minutes to vacuum (you'll burn 38 calories), garden (50 calories), or push the lawn mower around (70 calories).
- Take your dog for a 10-minute walk and burn approximately 42 calories in the process!
- Make your next 10-minute walk a meditative experience. Focus on your breathing. Be conscious of your posture. Feel your stride. See how awareness can relax your body and rejuvenate your spirit.