tips and information to succeed!
- « previous article
- next article »
Warm up to the Holidays
Let Jenny Craig help you to keep your cool and keep your weight loss plan under control as you embark on this Holiday Season.
The Jenny Craig Program provides you with tools to help you manage your thoughts and actions in order to achieve your weight loss goals. By using these tips, you can stay motivated and focused on your goals while taking pleasure in a more relaxed holiday season.
Make Your Own Holiday Fun
- Focus on enjoying time with family and friends making holiday memories, and take the focus off food.
- Make fun a priority. Enjoy this festive time and let go of the “small stuff.”
- List the items that bring you joy and peace. Make it a point to add one new item to your list weekly.
Do a Reality Check
- Set a goal that is realistic and specific for this season, and write down your motivation to reach that goal.
- If this time of year is challenging for you, focus on one healthy behavior, such as using a lower fat recipe in a holiday meal.
Get Your Support Team into Action
- Ask your family and friends to support your efforts this holiday season, perhaps by going for a walk together.
- Draw on your consultant as a tool to help you be successful, whether it is planning for upcoming potlucks or holiday parties, help with menu planning or assisting with winter activity ideas; your consultant is available to help you develop strategies for success.
- For support that is available 24/7, call 1-800-JennyCare.
- Ask your consultant about our Touchstones for Success™ DVD/CD which contains five strategies that can help you maintain your focus and motivation to lose weight and maintain your weight loss. These strategies will help you throughout the year.
Tune in to Your Emotions
- Use the self monitoring tools on your menu: take note of your pre-meal hunger and post-meal satisfaction ratings as well as any unplanned foods eaten and the reasons why to help you be more aware of your feelings around eating.
- Make use of the online eTools at www.jennycraig.com, such as the journal, to keep track of your thoughts and feelings.
- Apply the “Breathe Away Stress” Technique to help you to manage the stress of hectic holiday schedules.
- Record your weekly motivation, affirmation, wins and rewards each week on your menu.
- Regularly reward yourself for the positive healthy changes that you are making.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes everyday to yourself. Some ways that you can set aside time each day to reward and refresh yourself include:
- Enjoying a bubble bath
- Calling a friend
- Reading a magazine article or a few chapters in your new book
- Listening to your favorite CD
- Taking a catnap
For additional tips to help you thrive this holiday season, ask your consultant about the Holiday Survival Guide.
Remember to take each day this holiday season one day at a time and focus on the merriment of the season to keep your cool!
Jenny Craig® and Touchstones for Success™ are trademarks owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.