1. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Beginning 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) August 26, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. PT on September 8, 2015 (“Promotion Period”), utilizing at least one current Jenny Craig menu item as one of the ingredients, submit your own original recipe to be entered into the Jenny Craig Simple Inspiration Recipe Contest (the “Contest”). Go to http://www.jennycraig.com/site/cuisine/cuisine.jsp to see a list of current Jenny Craig menu items. After the Promotion Period, all eligible entries will be judged to determine Semi-Finalists. Semi-Finalists’ entries will be posted online for public voting to help determine the Finalists who will receive a prize as described in Rule #8 (subject to verification of eligibility). Semi-Finalist’s entries may also be published in a Jenny Craig recipe book.
- Member Category: To be eligible for the Member Category, you must be: (a) a resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (residents of Arizona, Colorado, Illinois and Maryland are not eligible to participate), (b) 21 years of age or older at time of entry, and (c) a Jenny Craig member as of August 25, 2015 and continue your membership through time of prize award. Employees and/or franchise owners of JC USA, Inc., (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (collectively “Member Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win in the Member Category.
- Employee Category: To be eligible for the Jenny Craig Employee Category you must be: (a) a resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (residents of Arizona, Colorado, Illinois and Maryland are not eligible to participate), (b) be 21 years of age or older at time of entry, and (c) be an employee or franchise owner of Sponsor as of August 25, 2015 and through the time of prize award. Employees of Sponsor who have been directly involved in the development of this Contest, and Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (collectively “Employee Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win in the Employee Category.
Culinary professionals, food writers and critics, cooking teachers, any member of a culinary professional trade association and any person who has served as a chef or assistant chef in a hotel, restaurant, institution, or private catering service (not including fast food or take out) during the twelve (12) months prior to the date of entry are not eligible to enter or win in either Category. The decision as to whether or not an entrant falls within this excluded category will be within the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Void outside the 48 contiguous United States, also in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois and Maryland, and where prohibited by law. Finalists will be subject to a background investigation, including but not limited to criminal record information. See Rule #7 for additional prize eligibility requirements.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
During the Promotion Period, visit http://www.facebook.com/jennycraig (Facebook) or access http://www.jennycraig.com/site/simpleinspirationscontest (the "Web Site") and follow the on-line entry instructions to complete the Registration Form, provide Recipe Details (see below) and upload a Photo of your completed and fully prepared recipe (collectively "Entryies" or "Submissions"). Recipe Details:
- Entries must be for one (1) of the following categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Dessert/Snack (each a "Food Sub-Category")
- Recipe must include at least one current Jenny Craig menu item as an ingredient
- Recipe must fit the nutritional parameters of the Jenny Craig program
- List of ingredients in exact US measurements and special utensils (if any)
- Cooking time, complete preparation instructions
- Recipe name
- Final image
When you are submitting a recipe, you will see a drop-down menu listing four (4) Food Sub-Categories and a Jenny Craig Employee Category. A Member must enter his/her recipe in the appropriate food sub-category; a Jenny Craig Employee must enter his/her recipe in the Jenny Craig Employee Category.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Determination of compliance with Submission Guidelines and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/judges, whose decisions are final.
- Submission cannot contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or that would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction in order for Sponsor to use the Submission or its content in any manner or media whatsoever.
- Submission must be your original work that has not won a previous prize or award. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
- The Submission should not contain/display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising other than Sponsor’s (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans). Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to blur/black out the image(s)/name(s) of unacceptable logos, brand names and slogans that appear in submission, but even if Sponsor does not do so, the entry may still be disqualified.
- Submission may include Sponsor brand names and/or trademarks; the use of Sponsor brand names and/or trademarks is permitted only for the purpose of entering in this Contest.
- Submission cannot contain any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
- The Submission must not contain any material embodying the names, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead.
- The Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others.
- Submission cannot contain any ingredients that are not in Sponsor’s image, as determined solely by Sponsor.
- Submission must not contain profanities or obscenities, and must not include inappropriate content including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g. last name, address, school, place of work, etc.) of entrant or any other person(s).
- Submission must not refer, depict or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity.
- Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- If the Photo depicts a person, it must be the Entrant only; no identifiable person(s) other than the Entrant may appear in the Submission. If Photo depicts any identifiable person(s) other than the Entrant, the entry will be disqualified.
- If the photo submission was taken by someone other than the entrant, the Entrant must have the photographer’s permission to use the photo and the photographer’s written agreement, if requested by Sponsor, that all right, title and interest, including copyright, and any other rights such as moral rights to such photo shall be transferred and conveyed to Sponsor.
- By entering, 1) entrant certifies that the Submission he/she submitted is his/her own original work and he/she holds all rights to the Submission, that the Submission has not won a previous prize or award and that he/she has followed and complied with the Official Rules of the Contest and 2) entrant hereby grants Sponsor the right to post Submission on the Facebook and the Web Site for public viewing and for the duration of the online voting period, should entrant be deemed a Semi-Finalist.
4. JUDGING TO DETERMINE SEMI-FINALISTS:
All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges to determine a total of up to 25 Semi-Finalists: Twenty (20) from the Member Category, i.e., five (5) from each of the four (4) Food Sub-Categories; and five (5) from the Employee Category. (Note: Employee Semi-Finalists will be determined based on the five (5) highest-scoring entries as determined by the judges, regardless of Food Sub-Categories.) All judging will be based on the following criteria: Recipe Falls within Jenny Craig’s Nutritional Guidelines – 20%; Perceived Appetite Appeal as Evidenced in the Photo – 15%; Perceived Ease of Preparation - 15%; and Originality and Creativity – 50%. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be broken based on the highest score for “Originality and Creativity”. Semi-Finalists will be notified by email, mail or telephone on/about September 10, 2015. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries are received for any Category/Food Sub-Category, there may be fewer than 25 Semi-Finalists; if no eligible entries are received for a Category/Food Sub-Category, prize will not be awarded for that Category/Food Sub-Category. Semi-Finalists’ recipes may be published in a Jenny Craig recipe book, along with other eligible recipes submitted for this Contest, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. (There is no monetary value associated with publication of recipe in Sponsor’s recipe book.)
5. BONUS WINNERS:
Kirstie Alley will judge the twenty (20) Member Category Semi-Finalist Entries based on the following criteria: Nutritionally-Balanced Ingredients – 25%; Perceived Ease of Preparation - 25%; and Originality and Creativity – 50% to determine the winner of the “Kirstie’s Pick” prize as described in Rule #8. Blogger “No Thanks to Cake” will judge the twenty (20) Member Category Semi-Finalist Entries based on the following criteria: Nutritionally-Balanced Ingredients – 25%; Perceived Ease of Preparation - 25%; and Originality and Creativity – 50% to determine the winner of the “Blogger’s Pick” prize as described in Rule #8. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be broken based on the highest score for “Originality and Creativity”.
6. ONLINE VOTING TO DETERMINE FINALISTS:
Beginning 10:00 a.m. PT on September 14, 2015 through 4:00 p.m. PT on September 27, 2015, the Semi-Finalist Entries as determined via Rule #4 will be posted on Facebook and the Web Site. During these dates, visitors will be given the opportunity to select their favorite Entry to help determine the four (4) Finalists (one per Food Sub-Category) and two (2) Employee Finalists by following the online instructions. In order to vote, you must log in with your Facebook or Twitter ID. Limit one (1) vote per email address per day. The Member Semi-Finalist from each Food Sub-Category with the highest number of votes will be deemed the Finalist for that Food Sub-Category. The two (2) Semi-Finalists from the Employee Category with the highest number of votes will be deemed Finalists for the Employee Category. In the event of a tie, tiebreaker will be based on the highest score for Originality and Creativity as determined from the panel judging per Rule #4.
7. PRIZE WINNER ELIGIBILITY:
The recipes from the six (6) Finalists (4 Member + 2 Employee) will be kitchen-tested by a panel of experts. Additionally, Finalist Entrants will be subject to a background investigation, including but not limited to criminal record information. Any Finalist who has been convicted of a felony, or if information discovered during the background investigation is deemed to be potentially harmful to the image of the Sponsor (as deemed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), or whose recipe has not met Sponsor’s kitchen testing requirements, the Finalist will be disqualified, and an alternate Finalist may be selected based on the Entry/Submission with the next highest Combined Score for that Category/Food Sub-Category. Prize award is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the kitchen testing and background investigation, as determined solely by Sponsor. Prize winners will be notified by mail, email or telephone beginning October 1, 2015 through October 18, 2015.
8. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
The below prize quantities represent the maximum number of prizes to be awarded assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries are received for each Category/Food Sub-Category.
- Four (4) Member Category Prizes (one (1) per Food Sub-Category): $2,000 Sponsor-specified gift card, one (1) month of free Jenny Craig food products (awarded as $600 in Jenny Craig food vouchers to be redeemed by December 31, 2015), and sponsor-selected Jenny Craig “goodies” (e.g., apron, salad shaker, thermal bottle and ceramic vegetable peeler). (ARV: $2,633 per prize)
- Two (2) Employee Prizes: A $2,000 Sponsor-specified gift card and Jenny Craig goodies. (ARV: $2,033 per prize)
- One (1) Kirstie’s Pick Bonus Prize: $2,000 Sponsor-specified gift card, one (1) month of free Jenny Craig food products (awarded as $600 in Jenny Craig food vouchers to be redeemed by December 31, 2015), two (2) Cruiser bicycles (winner’s choice of men’s or women’s model), and Jenny Craig goodies. (ARV: $3,033 per prize)
- One (1) Blogger Bonus Prize: $2,000 Sponsor-specified gift card, one (1) month of free Jenny Craig food products (awarded as $600 in Jenny Craig food vouchers to be redeemed by December 31, 2015), and Jenny Craig goodies. (ARV: $2,633 per prize)
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Limit one (1) prize per person.
9. GENERAL RULES:
Potential Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility certifying that the Submission is his/her own original work, that Entrant holds all rights to the Submission, has not won a previous prize or award with his/her Submission, and that Entrant has fully complied with the Official Rules of the Contest. Additionally, potential winners will be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. All documents must be completed and returned within five (5) calendar days from date of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on potential winner, and such potential winner must cooperate with Sponsor as a condition of prize award. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize are the sole responsibility and liability of Winners. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Sponsor/judges reserve the right to: (a) use Entrant’s name and likeness and reproduce/distribute all Entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change Entries prior to distribution and (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright Entries for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Member Released Parties, Employee Released Parties and Facebook from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses and/or Entry Submissions for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of prizes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mis-transcribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on Facebook and the Web Site and all eligible entries received prior to termination will be included in the judging. If technical malfunctions or suspect voting/irregularities corrupt the voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award prizes based solely on the Semi Finalists’ Judging scores and non-suspect votes. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online registration form. Any damage made to Facebook or the Web Site by an entrant/voter will be the responsibility of the entrant/voter and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry/vote. Proof of submitting entries/votes will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries/votes which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation/voting of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
To receive a list of winners, send an email to email@example.com with “WINNERS 7867” as the subject line. Requests must be received by 4:00 p.m. PT on October 31, 2015. List will be sent once all winners have been verified.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for the purposes of Contest administration.
JC USA, Inc., 5770 Fleet Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008