Marvelicious Mac and Cheese
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 20 minutes
- Total time:
- 30 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/6 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Nothing says comfort food quite like mac and cheese. Try a tasty take on the classic dish with this Marvelicious Mac and Cheese recipe. Garnish your elbow macaroni with fat-free milk, butter, flour, dry mustard and reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese.
- 2 cup(s) uncooked elbow macaroni, about 7-ounces
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cup(s) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat milk and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in flour, salt and dry mustard and simmer for 1 minute, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese until melted.
- Add drained macaroni to saucepan and toss with cheese sauce.
- Transfer mixture to an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.