Spinach & Green Chile Omelette
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 2 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/2 of omelette
Nutrition Per Serving
Start your morning with a healthy Spinach & Green Chile Omelette. Only 160 calories per serving, this recipe uses egg whites, nonfat milk, red bell pepper, spinach leaves and fat free sour cream.
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg mixture over medium-heat for about 3 minutes or until sides start to set.
- Place green chilies, bell pepper and spinach leaves on one side of the egg mixture and fold in half.
- Cook for an additional minute, or until vegetables are soft.
- Cut omelette in half, top with sour cream and serve.