Fruit-Smothered Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Prep time:
- 8 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 5 minutes
- Total time:
- 13 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 2 Pancakes, 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce, 1/2 cup mixed berries
Nutrition Per Serving
Kick off your morning with this Fruit-Smothered Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes recipe. Low-fat buttermilk pancakes are topped with berries and a tasty Raspberry Sauce.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat butterrilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared Raspberry Sauce
- 2 cup(s) fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, mixed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, buttermilk, egg, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir gently until all ingredients are mixed.
- The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a skillet lightly coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- The pancakes will be ready to flip when small bubbles appear along the sides of the pancakes.
- Flip and cook until the undersides are lightly browned.
- Place 2 pancakes on each of 4 plates.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the pancakes and top with 1/2 cup mixed berries.