Zesty Turkey Spinach Burritos
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 20 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 tortilla
Nutrition Per Serving
Satisfy your burrito craving with our Zesty Turkey Spinach Burrito recipe. A hearty and satisfying burrito is only 236 calories per serving with this recipe.
- 1 package 10 (oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 1/4 pound extra lean (99%) ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) prepared chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 8 medium whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Sauté ground turkey breast over medium heat in a nonstick pan until cooked through.
- Season turkey with cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Add warm water to seasoned turkey and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir drained spinach and salsa into turkey mixture until warmed through.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture onto a tortilla for one serving.