Wilted Greens with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 13 minutes
- Total time:
- 18 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1.5 cups
Nutrition Per Serving
Add this Wilted Greens with Warm Bacon Dressing dish to your dinner menu. Only 56 calories per serving, this dish uses English peas, gourmet salad greens, green onions, turkey bacon, lemon juice and water.
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) English peas
- 6 cup(s) gourmet salad greens (about ¼ pound)
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced green onions
- 5 thin slice(s) turkey bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper (optional)
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add peas. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well.
- Combine peas, salad greens and green onions in a large serving bowl.
- Cook turkey bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Add ¼ cup water, vinegar and lemon juice to skillet; cook 2 minutes. Immediately pour warm dressing over salad, and toss gently to coat. If desired, sprinkle salad with pepper.