Vegetable-Rice Salad in Tomato Cups
- Prep time:
- 1 hour
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
- 1 hour
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 tomato cup
Nutrition Per Serving
Check out this healthy, Vegetable-Rice Salad in Tomato Cups recipe. This low-fat recipe combines long-grain rice, black beans, corn, purple onion, olive oil vinaigrette, cilantro and tomatoes.
- 6 large tomatoes
- 3 cup(s) cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 (15oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 (10oz) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup(s) purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Cut top off each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving ¼-inch thick shells. Chop pulp to measure 1 cup; reserve remaining pulp for another use. Invert tomato shells on paper towels, and let stand 30 minutes.
- While tomato shells stand, combine 1 cup chopped tomato pulp, rice, and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon rice mixture evenly into tomato shells. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.