Thai Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- Prep time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 5 minutes
- Total time:
- 35 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Feast on an exotic meal with this Thai Shrimp and Pasta Salad recipe. This dish keeps things spicy with hot chili oil, garlic, spicy Indonesian dressing and pepper.
- 6 ounce(s) farfalle (bow tie pasta), uncooked
- 1 lb(s) unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 tsp hot chile oil
- 2 tsp commercial roasted garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat spicy Indonesian dressing
- 1 cup(s) green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain again. Place pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add dressing to skillet, deglazing skillet by scraping particles that cling to bottom. Stir in green pepper, ground pepper and mushrooms. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture to pasta; toss lightly. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.