Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Prep time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 2 chicken thighs with .5 cup rice
Nutrition Per Serving
This Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe combines unique flavors like pineapple-orange marmalade, low-sodium soy sauce, orange-honey mustard, orange slices and kiwi fruit slices. Prepare to delight your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup(s) pineapple-orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp orange-honey mustard
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pound(s) small chicken thighs (about 1 ½ pounds), skinned
- 1 vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 tsp orange rind, grated
- 4 kiwi fruit slices (optional)
- 4 orange slices (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until marmalade melts; remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 10 minutes. Pour marmalade mixture over chicken; cover and bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine rice and orange rind. Spoon ½ cup rice mixture onto each serving plate. Place 2 chicken thighs over rice on each plate; spoon marmalade mixture in baking dish evenly over chicken. If desired, garnish with kiwi fruit and orange slices.