Sesame Grilled Salmon with Wasabi Slaw
- Prep time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 30 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Feast on a gourmet Japanese meal in your own home with this Sesame Grilled Salmon with Wasabi Slaw recipe. This healthy dish combines succulent salmon with a tangy and refreshing slaw.
- 2 Tbsp Wasabi powder
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice or cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cup(s) Chinese or savoy cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) red radishes
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sunflower kernels, roasted and salted
- 1 1/4 pound(s) salmon fillet or salmon steaks
- In 1-cup glass measure or small jar, combine wasabi with water; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, oil, brown sugar and sesame seeds (This can be made ahead to allow flavors to blend).
- Reserve 2 to 3 Tbls dressing.
- Toss remaining dressing with cabbage, radishes, cucumber and sunflower kernels.
- Grill or broil salmon 5 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing reserved dressing during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve salmon with slaw.