Ruby-Red Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour
- Total time:
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 pear with 2 Tbsp of sauce each
Nutrition Per Serving
Enjoy a medley of holiday flavors with our Ruby-Red Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce recipe. Aromatic cinnamon, bright citrus, warm clove and fresh fruit combine to create a magical dessert dish. Only 145 calories per serving.
- 6 firm Bartlett pears with stems
- 1 qt cranberry-apple juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 3-inch long cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
- Carefully peel the pears, leaving the stems intact. Place the juices, cloves and cinnamon stick in a 4-to-5 quart pot.
- Lay the pears in the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer the pears, covered for one hour. Remove the pot from the heat, uncover, and cool the pears in the liquid.
- Cover the pot and refrigerate the pears in the liquid overnight.
- Purée the raspberries, sugar and orange juice in a food processor or blender. Set the raspberry sauce aside.
- Remove the pears from the liquid. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pear.
- Spoon some of the raspberry sauce on a serving platter or 1 Tbsp each of 6 dessert plates.
- Stand the pears on the platter or plates and drizzle 1 Tbsp of the sauce on each pear.
- Garnish with the mint. Pass any remaining sauce in a small pitcher.