Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour 25 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour 35 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 16 Servings
- Portion size:
- 2 Tablespoons
Nutrition Per Serving
Enjoy a quick and easy snack with this Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe. The seeds are first boiled, and then transferred to the oven for roasting. Only 95 calories per serving.
- 2 cup(s) pumpkin seeds (1 medium pumpkin)
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 Olive Oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add seeds, reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain well then transfer to a paper towel-lined sheet tray and pat dry.
- Transfer seeds to a medium bowl, spritz with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast seeds, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until just crisp and golden brown, about 1 hour total.
- Set aside to let cool completely then shell or eat whole. (They will become crispier as they cool.)