- Prep time:
- 25 minutes
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/8 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Indulge in this tasty, low-fat Peach Trifle recipe. This layered dessert has angel food cake, vanilla yogurt pudding, peaches, strawberries and strawberry jam. Only 226 calories per serving.
- 1 (8oz) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 (3.4oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/3 cup(s) strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 3/4-inch cubes and divided
- 2 cup(s) canned sliced peaches in juice, drained and divided
- 1 pkg(s) fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- 1 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Spoon yogurt into several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to ½-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape yogurt into a bowl, using a rubber spatula.
- Combine pudding mix and milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Stir drained yogurt into pudding mixture; set aside.
- Combine jam and sherry, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; set aside.
- Arrange half of cake cubes in a 2-quart trifle bowl. Spread half of pudding mixture over cake cubes.
- Drizzle jam mixture evenly over pudding. Arrange 1 cup of sliced peaches over jam mixture.
- Repeat layering procedure with remaining cake, pudding and peaches. If desired, garnish with sliced strawberries and mint sprigs.