Oriental Pork Soup
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 20 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 bowl
Nutrition Per Serving
Start off your meal with a cup of delicious Oriental Pork Soup. Only 90 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving. This tasty soup's ingredients include: lean pork loin, sesame oil, water, ginger, mushrooms, carrots, green onion and chicken bouillon.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lb(s) pork loin, lean, cut into 1/4 X 1-inch strips
- 1/8 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 6 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh cilantro sprigs, optional
- Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet.
- Add pork and ginger; saute over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain pork and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 4-quart Dutch oven; stir in granules.
- Add carrots, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, green onion and pork.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls.
- Top each serving with a sprig of cilantro, if desired.