Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- Total time:
- 20 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
For a flavorful side dish, try this low-fat Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Recipe. This healthy recipe uses olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh thyme, basil, garlic, onion, cilantro, pine nuts, parsley, and reduced-fat feta cheese.
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 8 black olives, chopped
- 4 Tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut squash lengthwise, spoon out seeds and place flesh side down on plate.
- Microwave 8-10 minutes. Allow squash to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Coat sauté pan with cooking spray and sauté onion and garlic 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, pine nuts and olives to pan and heat through.
- With a fork, scrape out squash strands and toss with mixture. Top with cheese before serving.