Mediterranean Pita Rounds
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 11 minutes
- Total time:
- 21 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 pita round
Nutrition Per Serving
Diversify your palate with this Mediterranean Pita Rounds recipe. This delicious but light entrée uses pita bread rounds, spinach, olives, red pepper, tomato, garlic, lemon juice, garbanzo beans and feta cheese.
- 2 (15oz) cans no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves
- 8 (8inch) pita bread rounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (10oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cup(s) tomato, chopped
- 1 cup(s) green pepper, diced
- 1 cup(s) sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) ripe olives, sliced
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 4 ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally. Set aside.
- Arrange pita bread rounds on ungreased baking sheets; brush with olive oil. Bake at 450° F for 6 minutes.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over pitas, leaving a ½-inch border. Arrange spinach and remaining ingredients evenly over pita rounds.
- Bake at 450° F for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and crust is crisp.