Key West Lime Parfaits
- Prep time:
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 7 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour 27 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 parfait glass
Nutrition Per Serving
For an innovative dessert dish, try this Key West Lime Parfaits recipe. Only 181 calories per serving, this layered dessert uses lime sherbet, macadamia nuts, lime rind, and chocolate wafer cookies.
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/4 cup(s) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 3 cup(s) lime sherbet, softened
- 1 Tbsp lime rind, grated
- Coat a 1-quart casserole dish with nonstick vegetable spray. Spread nuts in casserole dish, and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Combine nuts and ½ cup cookie crumbs; stir well.
- Combine lime sherbet and lime rind; stir well.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cookie crumb mixture into each of 6 (6-ounce) parfait glasses; top each with 1/4 cup sherbet mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon crumb mixture over each; top each with 1/4 cup sherbet mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cookie crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for approximately 1 hour until firm.