Grilled Balsamic and Grapefruit Glazed Salmon
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- per fillet
Nutrition Per Serving
Bold flavors unite to create the flavorful Grilled Balsamic and Grapefruit Glazed Salmon. The succulent salmon is glazed with grapefruit juice, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Only 277 calories per serving.
- 1 cup(s) freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 salmon fillets, 6-ounces each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 grapefruits slices, 1/2-inch thick, 1 1/2-oz each
- Combine grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in medium saucepan.
- Boil until reduced by half, approximately 15 minutes.
- Hold warm.
- Season each side of salmon fillet with 1/16 teaspoon salt and 1/16 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill salmon, presentation side down, until just done in center, about 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillet.
- Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon grapefruit glaze during grilling and just before removing from grill.
- Place 2 grapefruit slices on serving plate and top with cooked salmon fillet.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon glaze on top of salmon.