Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Baby Carrots
- Prep time:
- 12 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- Total time:
- 27 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 cup
Nutrition Per Serving
For a healthy side dish, try this Glazed Brussels Spouts and Baby Carrots recipe. Only 112 calories per serving, the veggies in this dish are sautéed in a honey-mustard, barbecue sauce glaze.
- 3/4 pound(s) fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3/4 lb(s) baby carrots
- 1/3 cup(s) honey-mustard barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice
- 1/8 tsp orange zest (optional)
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly, and remove discolored leaves. Cut off stem ends, and cut a shallow "X" in bottom of each sprout.
- Place Brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Combine barbecue sauce, orange rind and orange juice; add to vegetables, tossing gently. If desired, garnish with orange zest.