Fudgey Brownie Cut-Outs
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
- Total time:
- 30 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 16 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 brownie
Nutrition Per Serving
Treat yourself to a reduced-fat dessert with this Fudgey Brownie Cut-Outs recipe. This 93-calories per serving recipe uses applesauce and egg whites, instead of butter and eggs.
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour and cocoa in small bowl.
- Add applesauce, egg whites and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes for easier cutting.
- Lift brownies from pan using sides of foil; carefully peel off foil.
- Cut into squares or other desired shapes with small cookie cutters. Sift powdered sugar over tops of brownies. Cover and store at room temperature.