Fresh Tomato-Herb Sauce
- Prep time:
- 8 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes
- Total time:
- 38 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/8 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Perfect as a pasta sauce or a dipping sauce, check out this Fresh Tomato-Herb Sauce recipe. Only 68 calories per serving, this sauce uses tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, oregano, garlic, and feta cheese.
- 2 cup(s) fresh seeded tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp artificial sweetener or sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) feta cheese, cumbled
- 1 salt
- 1 pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except feta cheese.
- Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, stir in feta cheese.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta or use on toasted Italian bread for bruschetta.