Fresh Pepper Pasta
- Prep time:
- 7 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 33 minutes
- Total time:
- 40 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1.5 cups
Nutrition Per Serving
For a simple, but flavorful entrée, try this healthy Fresh Pepper Pasta recipe. Only 284 calories per serving, this dish uses oregano, basil, green onions, navy beans, white wine, red peppers, olives and asiago cheese.
- 4 medium sweet red peppers (about 1½ lbs), seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 3/4 cup(s) canned navy beans, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp ripe olives, chopped
- 6 ounce(s) rotini (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
- 3/4 cup(s) Asiago, grated or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Combine red pepper and wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- Place pasta on individual serving plates. Top with pepper mixture, cheese and pine nuts. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.