Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Prep time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 35 minutes
- Total time:
- 55 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Discover a delicious and healthy recipe for curried cream of vegetable soup using potatoes, carrots & cauliflower, at only 206 calories per serving.
- 4 cup(s) water
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower head, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounce(s) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Boil water, carrots, cauliflower, potato, onion, bouillon, curry powder, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in stockpot; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 17 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Return to stockpot; stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.