Crunchy Apple Nut Pancakes
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 5 minutes
- Total time:
- 20 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 2 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/2 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
A gourmet breakfast doesn’t have to take hours to make. Try this quick and easy Crunchy Apple Nut Pancakes recipe. This dish uses cinnamon, apples, pecans, instant mashed potato flakes, eggs and applesauce or reduced-fat sour cream.
- 2 serving(s) instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) apple, peeled if desired
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 reduced fat sour cream or applesauce, optional
- 1 pecan halves, optional
- Omitting butter and salt, prepare potatoes with water according to package directions.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Beat in potatoes.
- Stir in apple and chopped pecans.
- For each pancake spoon 1/3 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle (380°F for electric griddle).
- Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot plain or with sour cream and pecan halves, if desired.