Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
- Total time:
- 35 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 cup
Nutrition Per Serving
You don't have to break your diet to enjoy a creamy soup. Check out this low-calorie Creamy Broccoli Soup recipe. Only 160 calories per serving, this soup uses broccoli, unsalted butter, onions, nonfat chicken broth, nonfat milk, dry mustard, flour and tarragon.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 pinch(es) ground white pepper
- 2 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 2 cup(s) nonfat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cup(s) broccoli florets, chopped
- Heat the butter in a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and stir in the flour, mustard, tarragon, and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the milk and broth and cook, stirring frequently, 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and simmer 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat.
- Puree 2 cups of soup in a blender or food processor and return to the pot.
- Reheat, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.