- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- Total time:
- 50 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/6 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
For a quick and easy dinner dish, try this savory Cottage Casserole recipe. This low-cal dish uses eggs, cottage cheese, onion, spinach, egg noodles and nutmeg. Only 270 calories per serving.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) low-fat (2%) cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- 1 pkg(s) (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, drained and pressed
- 1 pkg(s) (8 oz) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cheese, onion, nutmeg and salt, if desired, until well blended.
- Gently stir in spinach and noodles.
- Evenly coat 11 x 7 x 1½-inch baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Spread noodle mixture in dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 - 45 minutes.