Cold and Creamy Fruit Cups
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
- 15 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 12 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 muffin cup
Nutrition Per Serving
For a low-fat, low-calorie dessert, try this Cold and Creamy Fruit Cups recipe. This dish combines fresh or frozen fruit with fat-free sour cream, fat-free cream cheese and pecans. Only 75 calories per serving.
- 1 package (8oz) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
- 8 packets sugar substitute
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh or canned peaches, chopped
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen raspberries or halved or quartered strawberries
- 1 cup(s) cubed fresh or canned pineapple in juice
- 1 (11oz) can Mandarin orange segments, drained
- 15 pecan halves (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar substitute and lemon juice in medium bowl until smooth; gently mix in fruit.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper-lined muffin cups or spread into 10 x 6-inch baking dish. Garnish with pecan halves and additional fruit, if desired.
- Freeze 6 to 8 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly softened before serving.
- Tips: If 10 x 6-inch baking dish is used, cut dessert into squares and serve on lettuce lined plates as a salad, or serve on plates with puréed strawberry or raspberry sauce for dessert. The fruit mixture can also be spooned into hollowed out orange halves and frozen. Cut thin slice from bottom of orange halves so they will stand; place in muffin tins to freeze.