Citrus Bean Salad
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- Total time:
- 15 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/6 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Get creative with your salad with this Citrus Bean Salad recipe. This refreshing dish uses oranges, carrots, red kidney beans, Green Northern beans, green bell pepper, and lettuce. The salad is tossed with a homemade Balsamic vinaigrette.
- 3 naval oranges, peeled, sliced, membranes removed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) finely shredded carrots
- 1 (15 1/2oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-1/2oz) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) Equal® Spoonful
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Combine oranges, carrots, kidney beans and Great Northern beans in a large non-metallic bowl. Cover and chill.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Cover and refrigerate dressing until chilled.
- Pour dressing into orange-vegetable mixture; add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand to blend flavors. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve over lettuce leaves on individual plates.