Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 5 Servings
- Portion size:
- 3 strawberries
Nutrition Per Serving
For a decadent Valentine's Day treat, try this Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe. Using only three ingredients, you can make a lovely, Valentine's Day dessert for two. Only 108 calories per serving.
- 15 extra-large strawberries
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Wash strawberries and dry them thoroughly.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with a couple inches of water, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, and place the chocolate into the top of the double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Hold one strawberry by the stem, dip it into the chocolate, twirl it in a circular motion to evenly cover most of the berry.
- Transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining berries.
- Refrigerate the strawberries on the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.