- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
- Total time:
- 30 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 chicken breast
Nutrition Per Serving
For a low-calorie, gourmet meal check out this Chicken Marinara recipe. This easy-to-make dish takes 30 minutes of prep and cook time.
- 4 (4 oz) boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes with puree
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Pound each chicken breast between plastic wrap or waxed paper with flat side of mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Coat a 10-inch skillet with nonstick vegetable spray. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes until light brown.
- Add tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.