Chicken Cacciatore with Garlic Toast featuring Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 20 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 1 Servings
- Portion size:
Nutrition Per Serving
Turn a Jenny Cuisine Chicken Sandwich into Chicken Cacciatore with Garlic Toast. Create a low-fat dinner entrée using a Chicken Sandwich, green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, garlic powder, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- 1 Jenny's Cuisine® Chicken Sandwich
- 1 butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp basil, chopped
- Remove bun from Chicken Sandwich and set aside. Cook chicken as directed on package and set aside on serving plate.
- Sauté bell pepper, onions and mushrooms in a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce, bring to a boil, then turn down heat to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over chicken. Spray bun with butter-flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Broil until toasted. Top with chopped basil.