- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 20 minutes
- Total time:
- 30 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 chicken breast
Nutrition Per Serving
Try this low-fat and low-calorie Chicken Balsamic recipe. Tender chicken breasts are marinated with olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, thyme, and fresh ground black pepper. Only 130 calories per serving.
- 4 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 fresh parsley for garnish, chopped
- Coat a 10-inch skillet with nonstick vegetable spray. Heat over medium heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until light brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add olive oil to pan, sauté garlic and mushrooms briefly, being careful not to burn garlic. Return chicken to pan, add vinegar, chicken broth, thyme and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Juices will run clear when meat is pierced in its thickest part with a fork.
- Transfer to serving dish and top chicken with mushrooms and pan sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.