Chicken and Noodles Italian Style
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 4 hour
- Total time:
- 4 hour 10 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/6 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
For the ultimate comfort soup, try this Chicken and Noodles Italian Style recipe. This dish combines chicken, tomatoes, carrots, onion, egg noodles, and green peas.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, well trimmed
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2-ounce chicken broth
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2-ounce diced tomatos, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounce(s) medium egg noodles, about 3 cups
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Cut each thigh into 4 pieces and place on plate.
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over chicken; gently pat into chicken.
- Combine broth, diced tomatoes, carrots and onion slices in 3 1/2 or 4-quart crockery slow cooker.
- Stir in seasoned chicken.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- Stir in noodles and peas. Cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH or just until noodles are tender.