Carrot Ginger Soup
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- Total time:
- 55 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 4 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
The subtle flavors of curry, ginger and fresh coconut create an exotic combination in our low-fat Carrot Ginger Soup recipe. Only 144 calories per serving.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder (mild or hot, your choice)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cup(s) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium, fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat oil at medium temperature.
- Add the next four ingredients to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes., until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat, puree with immersion style blender or by small batches with a regular blender.
- Serve in four bowls and top with coconut flakes.