Beefy Mexican Lasagna
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/8 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Dinner is served with this Beefy Mexican Lasagna recipe. This dish is made using 95% lean ground beef, mild enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, tortillas, Mexican cheese, tomato and cilantro.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) lean ground beef sirloin (95% lean)
- 2 can(s) (10 oz each) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can(s) (15 oz) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 9 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef in large non-stick skillet over medium heat 8 to 1 0 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in 1 can enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 11 3/4 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange 3 corn tortillas in dish, cutting 1 as needed to cover bottom.
- Spread 1/4 cup remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; cover with 1/3 beef mixture, then 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers twice, omitting final cheese layer. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and cilantro.