Beef Brisket with Carrot and Prunes
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 3 hour
- Total time:
- 3 hour 10 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 8 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/8 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Discover a new way to enjoy beef brisket with this Beef Brisket with Carrot and Prunes recipe. This dish uses onion, carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and prunes to create an innovative flavor combo.
- 2 1/2 pound(s) boneless beef brisket
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) sliced carrots (¼-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 ounce(s) pitted prunes
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef brisket in Dutch oven; brown evenly.
- Remove brisket from Dutch oven; pour off drippings. Add onion to Dutch oven; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return brisket to Dutch oven. Ad water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon and pepper to Dutch oven; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket brisket and carrots; keep warm.
- Add prunes to Dutch oven; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup and prunes are plumped.
- Meanwhile trim fat from brisket; carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with carrots, prunes and sauce.