Arabian Vegetable Medley
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 1 hour 25 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 16 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1/16 of recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Load up on veggies with this Arabian Vegetable Medley recipe. This low-calorie dish is only 76 calories per serving, and uses eggplant, garlic, onion, tomatoes, chick peas, cinnamon, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- 2 pound(s) eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 cup(s) onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 can(s) (1 lb each) canned tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1 16 oz canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute eggplant in 1 Tbl oil 1 0 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown and crisp-tender.
- Remove eggplant from pan; set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onions in remaining oil 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly brown and tender.
- Stir in garlic, salt, cinnamon and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in eggplant, tomatoes and chickpeas; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Remove cover and cook 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.