Angel Food Cake with Caramel-Coffee Sauce
- Prep time:
- 8 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- Total time:
- 18 minutes
- Ease of prep:
- Makes 6 Servings
- Portion size:
- 1 slice with 2 Tablespoons sauce
Nutrition Per Serving
Low-calorie desserts do exist! Check out this Angel Food Cake with Caramel-Coffee Sauce recipe for a delicious dessert that is under 200 calories per serving. Angel Food Cake is topped with a low-fat espresso, caramel topping.
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 (2oz) slices angel food cake
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring well. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Place cake slices on individual dessert plates. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve immediately.