No Time to Exercise?
Do you feel like there aren't enough hours in the day? Is your schedule maxed out with no time for you? Relax and remember that every step counts. Every time you move your body you burn calories. When you walk the dog, clean the house, or run errands you could be getting closer to your weight loss goal.
How to make the most of what you're already doing:
- When cleaning, put on some fast music and move to the groove. You might finish more quickly, freeing up your time for something else. And you'll be burning more calories to help you lose weight.
- When shopping, go to the beverage aisle first and load up the bottom of your cart with bottled water (even if you don't need it). The extra weight will act as a resistance tool and you'll burn a few extra calories.
- You burn more calories standing than sitting, so take standing breaks whenever you can. Stand up to take conference calls.
- Take the long way to the restroom or coffee pot. Always take the stairs between floors. Try to squeeze in a 10-minute walk on your lunch break. You'll clear your mind as well as burn some calories.
- When running errands, park as far away from the entrance of the store as you can, and power walk in and out. When the kids do their activities, why not get involved too? You can walk around the field or area outside their class while they are occupied. Make it your habit to keep moving whenever possible.
- No time to get to a class or the gym? Workout at home with an exercise DVD, resistance bands or free weights.
Remember, any activity is good activity. Look for little ways to burn a few extra calories every day and it will add up to feeling better and getting you closer to your weight loss goals.