The Jenny Craig program is designed to provide structure and support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. Our brand was built on the belief that successful weight loss and weight management can be achieved through a healthy relationship with food, an active lifestyle and a balanced approach to living. These fundamentals make up three cornerstones of the Jenny Craig Program: Food, Body and Mind.
Jenny Craig's program provides nutritionally-balanced menus, which include nearly 100 delicious entrées, desserts and snacks developed by Registered Dietitians, nutritionists, and food technologists along with one-on-one personal support from a consultant. These tools, along with our more than 600 brick and mortar centers, help our potential members take immediate and lasting advantage of what we call "The I'm ready to lose weight NOW" moment.
At Jenny Craig, we've made personal support the cornerstone of what we do for more than 30 years. Members receive unparalleled one-on-one support, in center, via video chat or over the phone including education on portion control from a dedicated consultant, how to implement strategies for behavior change to help drive weight loss and health improvement such as self-monitoring, planning for social events and incorporating more physical activity into their lives. Each consultant works with members to identify their strengths, challenges and personal goals in order to create unique weekly meal and activity plans that fit their needs. In fact, many of our consultants are former Jenny Craig members themselves. While "The Moment," as we describe it, is the initial motivating epiphany, our consultants are with our members to help create positive, highly motivational moments throughout the weight loss journey. This, we believe, is what helps our members lose up to three times more weight than dieting on their own.*
Where you can find us
Jenny Craig's comprehensive approach to weight loss is available to members in person, at one of our 600 global centers. If a member does not have easy access to a Jenny Craig center or if going into a center doesn't fit within a member's lifestyle, the same one-on-one support is available through Jenny Craig Anywhere. Jenny Craig Anywhere offers one-on-one support through consultations over the phone or via video chat. Jenny Craig Anywhere members enjoy the same delicious meals as Jenny Craig members who pick up their food in centers. So wherever, whenever "The Moment" comes, Jenny Craig is able to help our members make the very most of it.
Jenny Craig has approximately 600 company-owned and franchised centers in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Puerto Rico with approximately 2,500 consultants worldwide.
Jenny Craig Food
Members eat 6 times a day (3 main meals with 3 snacks) and follow personally-customized programs including nearly 100 delicious menu items, with new items being added frequently. We offer personalized menus/activity and motivational plans.
- Members can still eat their favorite foods: there is no need to eliminate any food groups. No counting, tracking or worrying.
- The Jenny Craig Fresh & Free additions approach, emphasizes the importance of satisfaction and personalization. Our premium entrees are the basis for every meal, then you add in your own fruits, vegetables and dairy for balance and variety.
- The food is designed to help members experience healthy ingredients and learn proper portion control. Having the structure of a menu with portion-controlled cuisine can help members feel more in control of their eating. It can also help reduce the stress of making choices.
Scientifically Proven to Work
The evidence-based Jenny Craig program is designed by Registered Dieticians with guidance from the company's Medical Advisory Board, reflecting the guidelines of major health organizations and validated by peer-reviewed research. The efficacy of the Jenny Craig program is backed by the following independent studies:
- A recent study by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine published in Annals of Internal Medicine, the esteemed journal published by the American College of Physicians, suggests that doctors recommend Jenny Craig's weight loss solution to their patients. Jenny Craig was identified as one of the most effective weight loss programs based on evidence that its participants achieved greater sustained weight loss at 12 months, relative to control groups.¹
- The program is backed by hard science as demonstrated by a 2010 independent two-year clinical trial published in the Journal of the American Medical Association² (JAMA) showing that participants on the Jenny Craig program lost three times more weight than dieting on their own.
- The two-year results of the clinical trial published in JAMA showed an average weight loss of 10% at 12 months and 7% at two years, compared to an average of 2% weight loss in the Usual Care group.
Jenny Craig also offers a type 2 diabetes program, Jenny Craig for type 2. A recent clinical trial that included our new type 2 program, whose findings were published in the April 23, 2014 issue of Diabetes Care, found that people with type 2 diabetes who followed the Jenny Craig type 2 diabetes program for one year lost more weight, had significantly lowered HbA1c (blood sugar) levels and reduced heart-related risk factors than people who received the usual standard of care³.
Jenny Craig is consistently named a "best diet" by U.S. News & World Report as well as Consumer Reports.
Expected Weight Loss on the Program
Jenny Craig members following the standard menu can expect to lose an average of 1-2 pounds per week, which is a healthy range of weight loss.
In the clinical trial for Jenny Craig for type 2, participants following the lower carbohydrate type 2 diabetes menu over a twelve (12) month period, on average, had weight loss of 9% and maintained a lower hemoglobin A1c of 6.6% as compared to usual care.
For more information, please check out our homepage at www.jennycraig.com or give us a call at (866) 706-4042.