Jenny is more committed than ever to combating the obesity epidemic, and the overwhelming health issues caused by weight-related diseases. That's why we're excited to be a national sponsor of the Heart Walk, in support of the American Heart Association's My Heart. My Life.™ initiative.
The American Heart Association's Heart Walk is a perfect fit for Jenny Craig. It is our hope that our support of this effort inspires people everywhere to get healthier and reduce their risk for heart disease and stroke. That's why we're supporting the American Heart Association's Heart Walks taking place in over 300 cities through 2013. Jenny will also be on site at 15 national events offering healthy tips and snacks and who knows, you might even run into a celebrity ambassador at a few of the events.
Look for us in your city:
- Phoenix – March 23rd
- Columbus – August 24th
- Minneapolis – May 4th
- Dallas – Sept. 7th
- Portland – May 18th
- Orlando – Sept. 7th
- New York – May 30th
- San Francisco – Sept. 20th
- Denver – June 1st
- Chicago - Grant Park – Sept. 27th
- Chicago - Downers Grove – Sept. 28th
- San Francisco – Sept. 28th
- Atlanta – Oct. 12th
- Los Angeles – Oct. 19th
- Austin – Oct. 19th
- Houston – Nov. 16th
*My Heart. My Life. TM American Heart Association.
Tips to help you live a healthier life.
- To reduce your stress and give your mood a boost, give yourself a shot of activity.
- Get more nutrients for your buck by choosing deeply colored fruits and vegetables like berries, carrots, broccoli and bell peppers.
- For less sodium, choose frozen over canned if fresh fruits and vegetables aren't available.
- Go 'naked' and prepare your fruits and vegetables without added sugar or fat.
- Choose whole grains whenever possible; the added fiber will help to keep your cholesterol in check.
- Get an extra healthy dose of heart friendly omega-3 fats by choosing fish when dining out or planning a Meal on Your Own.
- Use 2 teaspoons of ground flax seeds as a limited free food and you'll be adding fiber and healthy omega-3 fats. Sprinkle on your cereal, yogurt or smoothies.
- Keep your saturated fat intake at bay by choosing low-fat or non-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese.
- Use healthy cooking methods like grilling, baking or broiling when cooking meat, fish or poultry.
- Add some spice to your life and your dishes by using garlic, pepper or other herbs to your foods instead of salt.